- And thou, son of man, take thee a brick, and lay it before thee, and portray upon it a city, — Jerusalem:
- and lay siege against it, and build forts against it, and cast a mound against it, and set camps against it, and place battering-rams against it round about.
- And take thou unto thee an iron plate, and put it [for] a wall of iron between thee and the city;
and set thy face against it, and it shall be besieged, and thou shalt lay siege against it: this shall be a sign to the house of Israel.
- And thou, lie upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: the number of the days that thou liest upon it, thou shalt bear their iniquity.
- And I have appointed thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days;
and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
- And when thou hast accomplished them, thou shalt lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.
- And thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Jerusalem, and thine arm shall be uncovered, and thou shalt prophesy against it.
- And behold, I lay bands upon thee, and thou shalt not turn thyself from one side to the other, till thou hast ended the days of thy siege.
- And thou, take unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make thee bread thereof, [according to] the number of the days that thou liest upon thy side: three hundred and ninety days shalt thou eat thereof.
- And thy meat which thou shalt eat shall be by weight, twenty shekels a day: from time to time shalt thou eat it.
- And thou shalt drink water by measure, the sixth part of a hin: from time to time shalt thou drink.
- And thou shalt eat it [as] barley-cake, and thou shalt bake it in their sight with dung that cometh out of man.
- And Jehovah said, So shall the children of Israel eat their bread unclean among the nations whither I will drive them.
- Then said I, Ah, Lord Jehovah!
behold, my soul hath not been defiled, and from my youth up even until now have I not eaten of that which dieth of itself, or of that which is torn;
neither came there abominable flesh into my mouth.
- And he said unto me, See, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.
- And he said unto me, Son of man, behold, I break the staff of bread in Jerusalem;
and they shall eat bread by weight, and with anxiety;
and they shall drink water by measure, and with astonishment:
- because bread and water shall fail them, and they shall be astonied one with another, and waste away in their iniquity.