- And thou, son of man, take thee a sharp knife;
a barber's razor shalt thou take;
and cause it to pass upon thy head and upon thy beard: and thou shalt take balances to weigh, and divide the [hair].
- A third part shalt thou burn in the fire in the midst of the city, when the days of the siege are fulfilled;
and thou shalt take a third part, [and] smite about it with a knife;
and a third part thou shalt scatter to the wind, and I will draw out a sword after them.
- And thou shalt take thereof a few in number, and bind them in thy skirts;
- and thou shalt take of these again, and cast them into the midst of the fire, and burn them in the fire: from it shall a fire come forth against all the house of Israel.
- Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: This is Jerusalem: I have set her in the midst of the nations, and the countries are round about her.
- And she hath rebelled against my judgments in wickedness more than the nations, and against my statutes more than the countries that are round about her: for mine ordinances have they refused;
and my statutes, they have not walked in them.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Because ye have been turbulent more than the nations that are round about you, [and] have not walked in my statutes, neither have kept mine ordinances, nor [even] have done according to the ordinances of the nations that are round about you;
- therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I, even I, am against thee, and will execute judgments in the midst of thee in the sight of the nations;
- and I will do in thee that which I have not done, and whereunto I will not do any more the like, because of all thine abominations.
- Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and the sons shall eat their fathers;
and I will execute judgments in thee, and the whole remnant of thee will I scatter to all the winds.
- Wherefore, [as] I live, saith the Lord Jehovah, verily because thou hast defiled my sanctuary with all thy detestable things, and with all thine abominations, therefore will I also withdraw mine eye, and it shall not spare, nor will I have any pity.
- A third part of thee shall die by the pestilence, and shall be consumed by the famine in the midst of thee;
and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee;
and I will scatter a third part to all the winds, and I will draw out a sword after them.
- And mine anger shall be accomplished, and I will satisfy my fury upon them, and I will comfort myself;
and they shall know that I Jehovah have spoken in my jealousy, when I have accomplished my fury upon them.
- And I will make thee a waste and a reproach among the nations that are round about thee, in the sight of all that pass by.
- And it shall be a reproach, and a taunt, an instruction, and an astonishment unto the nations that are round about thee, when I shall execute judgments upon thee in anger, and in fury, and in furious rebukes: I, Jehovah, have spoken.
- When I send upon them the evil arrows of famine, that are for [their] destruction, which I send to destroy you, then will I increase the famine upon you, and will break your staff of bread.
- And I will send upon you famine and evil beasts, which shall bereave thee of children;
and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee;
and I will bring the sword upon thee: I, Jehovah, have spoken.