- And the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying,
- And thou, son of man, thus saith the Lord Jehovah unto the land of Israel: An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land.
- Now is the end upon thee;
and I will send mine anger upon thee, and will judge thee according to thy ways, and will bring upon thee all thine abominations.
- And mine eye shall not spare thee, neither will I have pity;
but I will bring thy ways upon thee, and thine abominations shall be in the midst of thee;
and ye shall know that I [am] Jehovah.
- Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: An evil, an only evil!
behold, it is come.
- The end is come, the end is come;
it awaketh against thee: behold, it cometh.
- The doom is come unto thee, inhabitant of the land;
the time is come, the day is near, — tumult, and not the joyous cry from the mountains.
- Now will I soon pour out my fury upon thee, and accomplish mine anger against thee;
and I will judge thee according to thy ways, and will bring upon thee all thine abominations.
- And mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: I will render unto thee according to thy ways, and thine abominations shall be in the midst of thee;
and ye shall know that it is I, Jehovah, that smite.
- Behold the day, behold, it is come: the doom is gone forth;
the rod hath blossomed, pride is full blown.
- Violence is risen up into a rod of wickedness: nothing of them [shall remain], nor of their multitude, nor of their wealth, nor of the magnificence in the midst of them.
- The time is come, the day draweth near: let not the buyer rejoice, nor the seller mourn;
for fierce anger is upon all the multitude thereof.
- For the seller shall not return to that which is sold, even though he were yet alive amongst the living: for the vision is touching the whole multitude thereof;
it shall not be revoked;
and none shall through his iniquity assure his life.
- They have blown the trumpet and made all ready, but none goeth to the battle;
for my fierce anger is upon all the multitude thereof.
- The sword is without, and the pestilence and the famine within: he that is in the field shall die by the sword;
and he that is in the city, famine and pestilence shall devour him.
- And they that escape of them shall escape, and shall be on the mountains like doves of the valleys, all of them moaning, every one for his iniquity.
- All hands shall be feeble, and all knees shall melt into water.
- And they shall gird on sackcloth, and horror shall cover them;
and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all their heads.
- They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be as an impurity: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of Jehovah's wrath;
they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their belly;
for it hath been the stumbling-block of their iniquity.
- And he set in majesty his beautiful ornament;
but they made therein the images of their abominations [and] of their detestable things: therefore have I made it an impurity unto them.
- And I will give it into the hands of strangers for a prey, and to the wicked of the earth for a spoil;
and they shall profane it.
- And I will turn my face from them;
and they shall profane my secret [place];
and the violent shall enter into it, and profane it.
- Make the chain;
for the land is full of bloody crimes, and the city is full of violence.
- Therefore will I bring the worst of the nations, and they shall possess their houses;
and I will make the pride of the strong to cease;
and their sanctuaries shall be profaned.
- Destruction cometh;
and they shall seek peace, but there shall be none.
- Mischief shall come upon mischief, and rumour shall be upon rumour;
and they shall seek a vision from a prophet;
but the law shall perish from the priest, and counsel from the elders.
- The king shall mourn, and the prince shall be clothed with dismay, and the hands of the people of the land shall tremble: I will do unto them according to their way, and with their judgments will I judge them;
and they shall know that I [am] Jehovah.