- And these are the generations of the sons of Noah: Shem, Ham, and Japheth;
and to them were sons born after the flood.
- The sons of Japheth: Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
- And the sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
- And the sons of Javan: Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
- From these came the distribution of the isles of the nations, according to their lands, every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
- And the sons of Ham: Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan.
- And the sons of Cush: Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtecha.
And the sons of Raamah: Sheba and Dedan.
- And Cush begot Nimrod: he began to be mighty on the earth.
- He was a mighty hunter before Jehovah;
therefore it is said, As Nimrod, the mighty hunter before Jehovah!
- And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
- From that land went out Asshur, and built Nineveh, and Rehoboth-Ir, and Calah,
- and Resen, between Nineveh and Calah: this is the great city.
- — And Mizraim begot the Ludim, and the Anamim, and the Lehabim, and the Naphtuhim,
- and the Pathrusim, and the Casluhim, out of whom came the Philistines, and the Caphtorim.
- — And Canaan begot Sidon, his firstborn, and Heth,
- and the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite,
- and the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
- and the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite.
And afterwards the families of the Canaanites spread themselves abroad.
- And the border of the Canaanite was from Sidon, as one goes to Gerar, up to Gazah;
as one goes to Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, up to Lesha.
- These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, in their nations.
- And to Shem — to him also were [sons] born;
he is the father of all the sons of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder.
- The sons of Shem: Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram.
- And the sons of Aram: Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
- — And Arphaxad begot Shelah;
and Shelah begot Eber.
- And to Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg, for in his days was the earth divided;
and his brother's name was Joktan.
- And Joktan begot Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,
- and Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,
- and Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
- and Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were sons of Joktan.
- And their dwelling was from Mesha, as one goes to Sephar, the eastern mountain.
- These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.
- These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations.
And from these came the distribution of the nations on the earth after the flood.