- Now a summary of the things of which we are speaking [is], We have such a one high priest who has sat down on [the] right hand of the throne of the greatness in the heavens;
- minister of the holy places and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord has pitched, [and] not man.
- For every high priest is constituted for the offering both of gifts and sacrifices;
whence it is needful that this one also should have something which he may offer.
- If then indeed he were upon earth, he would not even be a priest, there being those who offer the gifts according to the law,
- (who serve the representation and shadow of heavenly things, according as Moses was oracularly told [when] about to make the tabernacle;
for See, saith He, that thou make all things according to the pattern which has been shewn to thee in the mountain.)
- But now he has got a more excellent ministry, by so much as he is mediator of a better covenant, which is established on the footing of better promises.
- For if that first was faultless, place had not been sought for a second.
- For finding fault, he says to them, Behold, days come, saith the Lord, and I will consummate a new covenant as regards the house of Israel, and as regards the house of Juda;
- not according to the covenant which I made to their fathers in [the] day of my taking their hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt;
because *they* did not continue in my covenant, and *I* did not regard them, saith [the] Lord.
- Because this [is] the covenant that I will covenant to the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord: Giving my laws into their mind, I will write them also upon their hearts;
and I will be to them for God, and *they* shall be to me for people.
- And they shall not teach each his fellow-citizen, and each his brother, saying, Know the Lord;
because all shall know me in themselves, from [the] little one [among them] unto [the] great among them.
- Because I will be merciful to their unrighteousnesses, and their sins and their lawlessnesses I will never remember any more.
- In that he says New, he has made the first old;
but that which grows old and aged [is] near disappearing.