- And Jehovah said unto me, Go again, love a woman beloved of a friend, and an adulteress, according to the love of Jehovah for the children of Israel, though they turn to other gods, and love raisin-cakes.
- So I bought her to me for fifteen silver [pieces], and for a homer of barley, and a half-homer of barley.
- And I said unto her, Thou shalt abide for me many days;
thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be [another] man's, and I will also be for thee.
- For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king, and without prince, and without sacrifice, and without statue, and without ephod and teraphim.
- Afterwards shall the children of Israel return, and seek Jehovah their God, and David their king;
and shall turn with fear toward Jehovah and toward his goodness, at the end of the days.