- The burden of Moab: For in the night of being laid waste, Ar of Moab is destroyed;
for in the night of being laid waste, Kir of Moab is destroyed!
- He is gone up to Bajith, and to Dibon, to the high places, to weep;
Moab howleth over Nebo, and over Medeba;
on all their heads is baldness, every beard is cut off.
- In their streets they are girded with sackcloth;
on their roofs, and in their broadways, every one howleth, melted into tears.
- And Heshbon crieth, and Elealeh: their voice is heard unto Jahaz.
Therefore the armed men of Moab cry out: his soul trembleth in him.
- My heart crieth out for Moab;
their fugitives [have fled] unto Zoar, unto Eglath-Sheli-shijah: for by the ascent of Luhith, with weeping they go up by it;
for in the way of Horonaim they raise up a cry of destruction.
- For the waters of Nimrim shall be desolate;
for the herbage is withered away, the grass hath failed, there is no green thing.
- Therefore the abundance they have gotten, and that which they have laid up, do they carry away to the torrent of the willows.
- For the cry goeth round about the borders of Moab;
the howling thereof unto Eglaim, and the howling thereof unto Beer-elim.
- For the waters of Dimon are full of blood, for I will lay yet more upon Dimon: a lion upon them that are escaped of Moab, and upon that which remaineth of the land.