- Send the lamb of the ruler of the land from the rock to the wilderness, — unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.
- And it shall be [that] as a wandering bird, [as] a scattered nest, so shall the daughters of Moab be at the fords of the Arnon.
- Bring in counsel, execute justice;
make thy shadow as the night in the midst of noonday;
hide the outcasts, discover not the fugitive.
- Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab;
be thou a covert to them from the face of the waster.
For the extortioner is at an end, the wasting hath ceased, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.
- And a throne shall be established in mercy: and in the tent of David there shall sit upon it, in truth, one judging and seeking justice and hastening righteousness.
- We have heard of the arrogance of Moab, — [he is] very proud, — of his pride, and his arrogance, and his wrath: his pratings are vain.
- Therefore shall Moab howl for Moab;
every one of them shall howl.
For the foundations of Kirhareseth shall ye mourn, verily afflicted.
- For the fields of Heshbon languish, the vine of Sibmah;
the lords of the nations have broken down its choice plants: they reached unto Jaazer, they wandered [through] the wilderness;
its shoots stretched out, they went beyond the sea.
- Therefore I will weep with the weeping of Jaazer for the vine of Sibmah;
with my tears will I water thee, Heshbon, and Elealeh, for a cry is fallen upon thy summer fruits and upon thy harvest.
- And joy and gladness is taken away out of the fruitful field;
and in the vineyards there is no singing, neither is there shouting: the treaders tread out no wine in the presses, I have made the cry [of the winepress] to cease.
- Therefore my bowels sound like a harp for Moab, and mine inward parts for Kirheres.
- And it shall come to pass, when Moab shall appear, shall weary himself on the high place, and enter into his sanctuary to pray, that he shall not prevail.
- This is the word which Jehovah hath spoken from of old concerning Moab.
- And now Jehovah speaketh saying, Within three years, as the years of a hired servant, and the glory of Moab shall be brought to nothing, with all that great multitude;
and the remnant shall be small, few, of no account.