- Jehovah, thou art my God: I will exalt thee;
I will celebrate thy name, for thou hast done wonderful things;
counsels of old [which are] faithfulness [and] truth.
- For thou hast made of the city a heap, of the fortified town a ruin, the palace of strangers to be no city;
it shall never be built up.
- Therefore shall the mighty people glorify thee, the city of terrible nations shall fear thee.
- For thou hast been a fortress to the poor, a fortress for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat: for the blast of the terrible ones [has been] as the storm [against] a wall.
- Thou hast subdued the tumult of strangers, as the heat in a dry place;
[as] the heat, by the shadow of a cloud, [so] the song of the terrible ones is brought low.
- And in this mountain will Jehovah of hosts make unto all peoples a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
- And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the veil which veileth all the peoples, and the covering that is spread over all the nations.
- He will swallow up death in victory.
And the Lord Jehovah will wipe away tears from off all faces;
and the reproach of his people will he take away from off all the earth: for Jehovah hath spoken.
- And it shall be said in that day, Behold, this is our God;
we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is Jehovah, we have waited for him;
we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
- For in this mountain shall the hand of Jehovah rest, and Moab shall be trodden down under him, as straw is trodden down in the dunghill;
- and he shall spread forth his hands in the midst of them, as he that swimmeth spreadeth them forth to swim;
and he shall bring down their pride together with the plots of their hands.
- And the fortress of the high defences of thy walls will he bring down, lay low, bring to the ground, into the dust.