- The wilderness and the dry land shall be gladdened;
and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.
- It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice even with joy and shouting: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon.
They shall see the glory of Jehovah, the excellency of our God.
- Strengthen the weak hands and confirm the tottering knees.
- Say to them that are of a timid heart, Be strong, fear not;
behold your God: vengeance cometh, the recompense of God!
He will come himself, and save you.
- Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf be unstopped;
- then shall the lame [man] leap as a hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and torrents in the desert.
- And the mirage shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of wild dogs, where they lay down, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
- And a highway shall be there and a way, and it shall be called, The way of holiness: the unclean shall not pass through it;
but it shall be for these.
Those that go [this] way — even fools, — shall not err [therein].
- No lion shall be there, nor shall ravenous beast go up thereon, nor be found there;
but the redeemed shall walk [there].
- And the ransomed of Jehovah shall return, and come to Zion with singing;
and everlasting joy shall be upon their heads: they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.