- At that time Merodach-Baladan, the son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent a letter and a present to Hezekiah;
for he had heard that he had been sick and had recovered.
- And Hezekiah was glad of them, and shewed them the house of his precious things, the silver and the gold, and the spices and the fine oil, and all the house of his armour, and all that was found amongst his treasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all his dominion, that Hezekiah did not shew them.
- Then came the prophet Isaiah to king Hezekiah, and said to him, What said these men?
and from whence came they to thee?
And Hezekiah said, They came from a far country to me, from Babylon.
- And he said, What have they seen in thy house?
And Hezekiah said, All that is in my house have they seen: there is nothing among my treasures that I have not shewn them.
- And Isaiah said to Hezekiah, Hear the word of Jehovah of hosts:
- Behold, days come when all that is in thy house, and that which thy fathers have laid up until this day, shall be carried to Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith Jehovah.
- And of thy sons that shall issue from thee, whom thou shalt beget, shall they take away;
and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.
- And Hezekiah said to Isaiah, Good is the word of Jehovah which thou hast spoken.
And he said, For there shall be peace and truth in my days.