- But now thus saith Jehovah, that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed thee, I have called [thee] by thy name;
thou art mine.
- When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee;
and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee;
when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
- For I [am] Jehovah thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
- Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee;
and I will give men for thee, and peoples for thy life.
- Fear not, for I [am] with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
- I will say to the north, Give up;
and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the end of the earth,
- every one that is called by my name, and whom I have created for my glory: I have formed him, yea, I have made him.
- Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
- Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the peoples be assembled: who among them declareth this, or causeth us to hear former things?
let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified;
or let them hear, and say, [It is] truth.
- Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen;
that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I [am] HE: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
- I, I [am] Jehovah;
and besides me there is no saviour.
- It is I that have declared, and have saved, and have shewed, when there was no strange [god] among you;
and ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, that I [am] God.
- Yea, since the day was, I [am] HE, and there is none that delivereth out of my hand: I will work, and who shall hinder it?
- Thus saith Jehovah, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: For your sake I have sent to Babylon, and have brought all of them down as fugitives, even the Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships.
- I [am] Jehovah, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King.
- Thus saith Jehovah, who maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters,
- who bringeth forth chariot and horse, army and power — they lie down together, they shall not rise;
they are extinct, they are quenched as tow:
- — Remember not the former things, neither consider the ancient things:
- behold, I do a new thing;
now it shall spring forth: shall ye not know it?
I will even make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the waste.
- The beast of the field shall glorify me, the jackals and the ostriches;
for I will give waters in the wilderness, rivers in the waste, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
- This people have I formed for myself: they shall shew forth my praise.
- — But thou hast not called upon me, Jacob;
for thou hast been weary of me, O Israel:
- thou hast not brought me the small cattle of thy burnt-offerings, neither hast thou glorified me with thy sacrifices.
I have not caused thee to toil with an oblation, nor wearied thee with incense.
- Thou hast bought me no sweet cane with money, neither hast thou filled me with the fat of thy sacrifices;
but thou hast made me to toil with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities.
- — I, I [am] He that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and I will not remember thy sins.
- Put me in remembrance, let us plead together;
rehearse thine own [cause], that thou mayest be justified.
- Thy first father hath sinned, and thy mediators have rebelled against me.
- And I have profaned the princes of the sanctuary, and have given Jacob to the ban, and Israel to reproaches.