- Thus saith Jehovah to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him — and I will loose the loins of kings;
to open before him the two-leaved doors, and the gates shall not be shut:
- I will go before thee, and make the elevated places plain;
I will break in pieces the brazen doors, and cut asunder the bars of iron;
- and I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places;
that thou mayest know that I, Jehovah, who call thee by name, [am] the God of Israel.
- For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have called thee by thy name;
I surnamed thee, though thou didst not know me;
- I [am] Jehovah, and there is none else;
there is no God beside me: I girded thee, and thou hast not known me;
- — that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the going down, that there is none beside me.
I [am] Jehovah, and there is none else;
- forming the light and creating darkness, making peace and creating evil: I, Jehovah, do all these things.
- Drop down, [ye] heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness;
let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and with it let righteousness spring up.
I, Jehovah, have created it.
- Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker!
Let a potsherd [strive] with the potsherds of the earth.
Shall the clay say to him that formeth it, What makest thou?
Or thy work, He hath no hands?
- Woe unto him that saith unto [his] father, What begettest thou?
Or to [his] mother, What hast thou brought forth?
- Thus saith Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker: Ask me of the things to come;
concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands, command ye me.
- It is I that have made the earth, and created man upon it;
it is I, my hands, that have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
- It is I that have raised him up in righteousness, and I will make all his ways straight: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith Jehovah of hosts.
- Thus saith Jehovah: The wealth of Egypt, and the merchandise of Ethiopia and the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall walk after thee;
in chains they shall come over, and they shall bow down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, [saying,] Surely God is in thee;
and there is none else, no other God.
- Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
- They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them;
they shall go away in confusion together, the makers of idols.
- Israel shall be saved by Jehovah with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded, unto the ages of ages.
- For thus saith Jehovah who created the heavens, God himself who formed the earth and made it, he who established it, — not as waste did he create it: he formed it to be inhabited: — I [am] Jehovah, and there is none else.
- I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth;
I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek me in vain: I [am] Jehovah, speaking righteousness, declaring things which are right.
- Gather yourselves and come;
draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations.
They have no knowledge that carry the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
- Declare and bring [them] near;
yea, let them take counsel together: who hath caused this to be heard from ancient time?
[who] hath declared it long ago?
Is it not I, Jehovah?
And there is no God else beside me;
a just God and a Saviour, there is none besides me.
- Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I [am] God, and there is none else.
- I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
- Only in Jehovah, shall one say, have I righteousness and strength.
To him shall [men] come;
and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
- In Jehovah shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.