- Bel is bowed down, Nebo bendeth;
their idols are upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: the things ye carried are laid on, a burden to the weary [beast].
- They bend, they are bowed down together;
they could not deliver the burden, and themselves are gone into captivity.
- Hearken unto me, house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, ye who have been borne from the belly, who have been carried from the womb:
- Even to old age, I [am] HE, and unto hoary hairs I will carry [you]: It is I that have made, and I will bear, and I will carry, and will deliver.
- To whom will ye liken me and make me equal, or compare me, that we may be like?
- — They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance;
they hire a goldsmith, and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship.
- They bear him on the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place;
there he standeth, he doth not remove from his place: yea, one crieth unto him, and he answereth not;
he saveth him not out of his trouble.
- Remember this, and shew yourselves men;
call it to mind, ye transgressors.
- Remember the former things of old;
for I [am] God, and there is none else;
[I am] God, and there is none like me;
- declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure;
- calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country.
Yea, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass;
I have purposed it, I will also do it.
- Hearken unto me, ye stout-hearted, that are far from righteousness:
- I bring near my righteousness;
it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not delay;
and I will give salvation in Zion, [and] unto Israel my glory.