- Awake, awake;
put on thy strength, O Zion;
put on thy beautiful garments, Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
- Shake thyself from the dust;
arise, sit down, Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, captive daughter of Zion.
- For thus saith Jehovah: Ye have sold yourselves for nought, and ye shall be redeemed without money.
- For thus saith the Lord Jehovah: My people went down at the first into Egypt to sojourn there, and Assyria oppressed them without cause;
- and now, what have I here, saith Jehovah, that my people hath been taken away for nought?
They that rule over them make them to howl, saith Jehovah;
and continually all the day is my name scorned.
- Therefore my people shall know my name;
therefore [they shall know] in that day that I [am] HE, that saith, Here am I.
- How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that announceth glad tidings, that publisheth peace;
that announceth glad tidings of good, that publisheth salvation, that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
- — The voice of thy watchmen, they lift up the voice, they sing aloud together;
for they shall see eye to eye, when Jehovah shall bring again Zion.
- Break forth, sing aloud together, waste places of Jerusalem;
for Jehovah comforteth his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.
- Jehovah hath made bare his holy arm in the sight of all the nations;
and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.
- — Depart, depart, go out from thence, touch not what is unclean;
go out of the midst of her, be ye clean, that bear the vessels of Jehovah.
- For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight;
for Jehovah will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear-guard.
- Behold, my servant shall deal prudently;
he shall be exalted and be lifted up, and be very high.
- As many were astonished at thee — his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the children of men
- — so shall he astonish many nations;
kings shall shut their mouths at him: for what had not been told them shall they see, and what they had not heard shall they consider.