- Exult, thou barren, that didst not bear;
break forth into singing, and shout for joy, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith Jehovah.
- Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thy habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes.
- For thou shalt spread abroad on the right hand and on the left;
and thy seed shall possess nations, and they shall make desolate cities to be inhabited.
- Fear not, for thou shalt not be ashamed;
neither be thou confounded, for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.
- For thy Maker is thy husband: Jehovah of hosts is his name, and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: the God of the whole earth shall he be called.
- For Jehovah hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and as a wife of youth, that hath been refused, saith thy God.
- For a small moment have I forsaken thee;
but with great mercies will I gather thee.
- In the outpouring of wrath have I hid my face from thee for a moment;
but with everlasting loving-kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith Jehovah, thy Redeemer.
- For this is [as] the waters of Noah unto me, since I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth: so have I sworn that I will no more be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
- For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed;
but my loving-kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall my covenant of peace be removed, saith Jehovah, that hath mercy on thee.
- [Thou] afflicted, tossed with tempest, not comforted!
Behold, I will set thy stones in antimony, and lay thy foundations with sapphires;
- and I will make thy battlements of rubies, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of precious stones.
- And all thy children [shall be] taught of Jehovah, and great shall be the peace of thy children.
- In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression, for thou shalt not fear;
and from terror, for it shall not come near thee.
- Behold, they shall surely gather together, [but] not by me: whosoever gathereth together against thee shall fall because of thee.
- Behold, it is I who have created the smith that bloweth in the fire of coal, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work;
and I have created the destroyer to ravage.
- No weapon that is prepared against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that riseth against thee in judgment, thou shalt condemn.
This is the inheritance of the servants of Jehovah;
and their righteousness is of me, saith Jehovah.