- In the year of the death of king Uzziah, I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up;
and his train filled the temple.
- Seraphim were standing above him: each had six wings;
with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he flew.
- And one called to the other and said, Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory!
- And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
- And I said, Woe unto me!
for I am undone;
for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of hosts.
- And one of the seraphim flew unto me, and he had in his hand a glowing coal, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar;
- and he made it touch my mouth, and said, Behold, this hath touched thy lips;
and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin expiated.
- And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?
And I said, Here am I;
- And he said, Go;
and thou shalt say unto this people, Hearing ye shall hear and shall not understand, and seeing ye shall see and shall not perceive.
- Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and blind their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and be converted, and healed.
- And I said, Lord, how long?
And he said, Until the cities be wasted, without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land become an utter desolation,
- and Jehovah have removed men far away, and the solitude be great in the midst of the land.
- But a tenth part shall still be therein, and it shall return and be eaten;
as the terebinth and as the oak whose trunk [remaineth] after the felling: the holy seed shall be the trunk thereof.