- For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not be still, until her righteousness go forth as brightness, and her salvation as a torch that burneth.
- And the nations shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory;
and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of Jehovah will name.
- And thou shalt be a crown of beauty in the hand of Jehovah, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.
- Thou shalt no more be termed, Forsaken;
neither shall thy land any more be termed, Desolate: but thou shalt be called, My delight is in her, and thy land, Married;
for Jehovah delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
- For [as] a young man marrieth a virgin, shall thy sons marry thee;
and with the joy of the bridegroom over the bride, shall thy God rejoice over thee.
- I have set watchmen upon thy walls, Jerusalem;
all the day and all the night they shall never hold their peace: ye that put Jehovah in remembrance, keep not silence,
- and give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
- Jehovah hath sworn by his right hand and by the arm of his strength, I will indeed no more give thy corn [to be] food for thine enemies;
and the sons of the alien shall not drink thy new wine, for which thou hast laboured;
- for they that have garnered it shall eat it, and praise Jehovah;
and they that have gathered it shall drink it in the courts of my holiness.
- Go through, go through the gates;
prepare the way of the people;
cast up, cast up the highway;
gather out the stones;
lift up a banner for the peoples.
- Behold, Jehovah hath proclaimed unto the end of the earth, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh;
behold, his reward is with him, and his recompence before him.
- And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of Jehovah;
and thou shalt be called, The sought out, The city not forsaken.