- For behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall turn again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
- I will also gather all the nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and I will enter into judgment with them there on account of my people and mine inheritance, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations: and they have parted my land;
- and they have cast lots for my people, and have given a boy for a harlot, and sold a girl for wine, and have drunk [it].
- Yea also, what have ye to do with me, O Tyre and Zidon, and all the districts of Philistia?
Will ye render me a recompence?
But if ye recompense me, swiftly [and] speedily will I bring your recompence upon your own head;
- because ye have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my beautiful pleasant things,
- and the children of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the children of the Greeks, that ye might remove them far from their border.
- Behold, I will raise them up out of the place whither ye have sold them, and will bring your recompence upon your own head.
- And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a nation far off: for Jehovah hath spoken.
- Proclaim this among the nations: prepare war, arouse the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near, let them come up.
- Beat your ploughshares into swords, and your pruning-knives into spears;
let the weak say, I am strong.
- Haste ye and come, all ye nations round about, and gather yourselves together.
Thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O Jehovah.
- Let the nations rouse themselves, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat;
for there will I sit to judge all the nations round about.
- Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down, for the press is full, the vats overflow;
for their wickedness is great.
- Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision!
For the day of Jehovah is at hand in the valley of decision.
- The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
- And Jehovah will roar from Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem;
and the heavens and the earth shall shake: and Jehovah will be a shelter for his people, and the refuge of the children of Israel.
- And ye shall know that I, Jehovah, [am] your God, dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain;
and Jerusalem shall be holy, and no strangers shall pass through her any more.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the water-courses of Judah shall flow with waters;
and a fountain shall come forth from the house of Jehovah, and shall water the valley of Shittim.
- Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, in that they have shed innocent blood in their land.
- But Judah shall abide for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
- And I will purge them from the blood from which I had not purged them: for Jehovah dwelleth in Zion.