- I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
- [As to] every branch in me not bearing fruit, he takes it away;
and [as to] every one bearing fruit, he purges it that it may bring forth more fruit.
- Ye are already clean by reason of the word which I have spoken to you.
- Abide in me and I in you.
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abide in the vine, thus neither [can] ye unless ye abide in me.
- I am the vine, ye [are] the branches.
He that abides in me and I in him, *he* bears much fruit;
for without me ye can do nothing.
- Unless any one abide in me he is cast out as the branch, and is dried up;
and they gather them and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
- If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will and it shall come to pass to you.
- In this is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit, and ye shall become disciples of mine.
- As the Father has loved me, I also have loved you: abide in my love.
- If ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love, as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
- I have spoken these things to you that my joy may be in you, and your joy be full.
- This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you.
- No one has greater love than this, that one should lay down his life for his friends.
- Ye are my friends if ye practise whatever I command you.
- I call you no longer bondmen, for the bondman does not know what his master is doing;
but I have called you friends, for all things which I have heard of my Father I have made known to you.
- Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and have set you that ye should go and [that] ye should bear fruit, and [that] your fruit should abide, that whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name he may give you.
- These things I command you, that ye love one another.
- If the world hate you, know that it has hated me before you.
- If ye were of the world, the world would love its own;
but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, on account of this the world hates you.
- Remember the word which I said unto you, The bondman is not greater than his master.
If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you;
if they have kept my word, they will keep also yours.
- But they will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they have not known him that sent me.
- If I had not come and spoken to them, they had not had sin;
but now they have no excuse for their sin.
- He that hates me hates also my Father.
- If I had not done among them the works which no other one has done, they had not had sin;
but now they have both seen and hated both me and my Father.
- But that the word written in their law might be fulfilled, They hated me without a cause.
- But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes forth from with the Father, *he* shall bear witness concerning me;
- and ye too bear witness, because ye are with me from [the] beginning.