- These things I have spoken unto you that ye may not be offended.
- They shall put you out of the synagogues;
but the hour is coming that every one who kills you will think to render service to God;
- and these things they will do because they have not known the Father nor me.
- But I have spoken these things to you, that when their hour shall have come, ye may remember them, that I have said [them] unto you.
But I did not say these things unto you from [the] beginning, because I was with you.
- But now I go to him that has sent me, and none of you demands of me, Where goest thou?
- But because I have spoken these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
- But I say the truth to you, It is profitable for you that I go away;
for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you;
but if I go I will send him to you.
- And having come, he will bring demonstration to the world, of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
- of sin, because they do not believe on me;
- of righteousness, because I go away to [my] Father, and ye behold me no longer;
- of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
- I have yet many things to say to you, but ye cannot bear them now.
- But when *he* is come, the Spirit of truth, he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself;
but whatsoever he shall hear he shall speak;
and he will announce to you what is coming.
- He shall glorify me, for he shall receive of mine and shall announce [it] to you.
- All things that the Father has are mine;
on account of this I have said that he receives of mine and shall announce [it] to you.
- A little while and ye do not behold me;
and again a little while and ye shall see me, [because I go away to the Father].
- [Some] of his disciples therefore said to one another, What is this he says to us, A little while and ye do not behold me;
and again a little while and ye shall see me, and, Because I go away to the Father?
- They said therefore, What is this which he says [of] the little while?
We do not know [of] what he speaks.
- Jesus knew therefore that they desired to demand of him, and said to them, Do ye inquire of this among yourselves that I said, A little while and ye do not behold me;
and again a little while and ye shall see me?
- Verily, verily, I say to you, that ye shall weep and lament, ye, but the world shall rejoice;
and ye will be grieved, but your grief shall be turned to joy.
- A woman, when she gives birth to a child, has grief because her hour has come;
but when the child is born, she no longer remembers the trouble, on account of the joy that a man has been born into the world.
- And ye now therefore have grief;
but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no one takes from you.
- And in that day ye shall demand nothing of me: verily, verily, I say to you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give you.
- Hitherto ye have asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
- These things I have spoken to you in allegories;
the hour is coming that I will no longer speak to you in allegories, but will declare to you openly concerning the Father.
- In that day ye shall ask in my name;
and I say not to you that I will demand of the Father for you,
- for the Father himself has affection for you, because ye have had affection for me, and have believed that I came out from God.
- I came out from the Father and have come into the world;
again, I leave the world and go to the Father.
- His disciples say to him, Lo, now thou speakest openly and utterest no allegory.
- Now we know that thou knowest all things, and hast not need that any one should demand of thee.
By this we believe that thou art come from God.
- Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
- Behold, [the] hour is coming, and has come, that ye shall be scattered, each to his own, and shall leave me alone;
and [yet] I am not alone, for the Father is with me.
- These things have I spoken to you that in me ye might have peace.
In the world ye have tribulation;
but be of good courage: I have overcome the world.