- These things Jesus spoke, and lifted up his eyes to heaven and said, Father, the hour is come;
glorify thy Son, that thy Son may glorify thee;
- as thou hast given him authority over all flesh, that [as to] all that thou hast given to him, he should give them life eternal.
- And this is the eternal life, that they should know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.
- I have glorified *thee* on the earth, I have completed the work which thou gavest me that I should do it;
- and now glorify *me*, *thou* Father, along with thyself, with the glory which I had along with thee before the world was.
- I have manifested thy name to the men whom thou gavest me out of the world.
They were thine, and thou gavest them me, and they have kept thy word.
- Now they have known that all things that thou hast given me are of thee;
- for the words which thou hast given me I have given them, and they have received [them], and have known truly that I came out from thee, and have believed that thou sentest me.
- I demand concerning them;
I do not demand concerning the world, but concerning those whom thou hast given me, for they are thine,
- (and all that is mine is thine, and [all] that is thine mine,) and I am glorified in them.
- And I am no longer in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee.
Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one as we.
- When I was with them I kept them in thy name;
those thou hast given me I have guarded, and not one of them has perished, but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.
- And now I come to thee.
And these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in them.
- I have given them thy word, and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, as I am not of the world.
- I do not demand that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them out of evil.
- They are not of the world, as I am not of the world.
- Sanctify them by the truth: thy word is truth.
- As thou hast sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world;
- and I sanctify myself for them, that they also may be sanctified by truth.
- And I do not demand for these only, but also for those who believe on me through their word;
- that they may be all one, as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us, that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
- And the glory which thou hast given me I have given them, that they may be one, as we are one;
- I in them and thou in me, that they may be perfected into one [and] that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and [that] thou hast loved them as thou hast loved me.
- Father, [as to] those whom thou hast given me, I desire that where I am they also may be with me, that they may behold my glory which thou hast given me, for thou lovedst me before [the] foundation of [the] world.
- Righteous Father, — and the world has not known thee, but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
- And I have made known to them thy name, and will make [it] known;
that the love with which thou hast loved me may be in them and I in them.