- And Job answered and said,
- Truly ye are the people, and wisdom shall die with you!
- I also have understanding as well as you;
I am not inferior to you;
and who knoweth not such things as these?
- I am to be one that is a derision to his friend, I who call upon +God, and whom he will answer: a derision is the just upright [man].
- He that is ready to stumble with the foot is a lamp despised in the thought of him that is at ease.
- The tents of desolators are in peace, and they that provoke God are secure;
into whose hand +God bringeth.
- But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee;
and the fowl of the heavens, and they shall tell thee;
- Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee;
and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
- Who knoweth not in all these, that the hand of Jehovah hath wrought this?
- In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the spirit of all flesh of man.
- Doth not the ear try words, as the palate tasteth food?
- With the aged is wisdom, and in length of days understanding.
- With him is wisdom and might;
he hath counsel and understanding.
- Behold, he breaketh down, and it is not built again;
he shutteth up a man, and there is no opening.
- Behold, he withholdeth the waters, and they dry up;
and he sendeth them out, and they overturn the earth.
- With him is strength and effectual knowledge;
the deceived and the deceiver are his.
- He leadeth counsellors away spoiled, and judges maketh he fools;
- He weakeneth the government of kings, and bindeth their loins with a fetter;
- He leadeth priests away spoiled, and overthroweth the mighty;
- He depriveth of speech the trusty, and taketh away the judgment of the elders;
- He poureth contempt upon nobles, and slackeneth the girdle of the mighty;
- He discovereth deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out into light the shadow of death;
- He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them;
he spreadeth out the nations, and bringeth them in;
- He taketh away the understanding of the chiefs of the people of the earth, and causeth them to wander in a pathless waste.
- They grope in the dark without light, and he maketh them to stagger like a drunkard.