- My breath is corrupt, my days are extinct, the graves are mine.
- Are there not mockers around me?
and doth [not] mine eye abide in their provocation?
- Lay down now [a pledge], be thou surety for me with thyself: who is he that striketh hands with me?
- For thou hast hidden their heart from understanding;
therefore thou wilt not exalt [them].
- He that betrayeth friends for a prey — even the eyes of his children shall fail.
- And he hath made me a proverb of the peoples;
and I am become one to be spit on in the face.
- And mine eye is dim by reason of grief, and all my members are as a shadow.
- Upright men [shall be] astonished at this, and the innocent shall be stirred up against the ungodly;
- But the righteous shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall increase in strength.
- But as for you all, pray come on again;
and I shall not find one wise man among you.
- My days are past, my purposes are broken off, the cherished thoughts of my heart.
- They change the night into day;
the light [they imagine] near in presence of the darkness.
- If I wait, Sheol is my house;
I spread my bed in the darkness:
- I cry to the grave, Thou art my father!
to the worm, My mother, and my sister!
- And where is then my hope?
yea, my hope, who shall see it?
- It shall go down to the bars of Sheol, when [our] rest shall be together in the dust.