- And Job answered and said,
- Even to-day is my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning.
- Oh that I knew where I might find him, that I might come to his seat!
- I would order the cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments;
- I would know the words he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me.
- Would he plead against me with [his] great power?
but he would give heed unto me.
- There would an upright man reason with him;
and I should be delivered for ever from my judge.
- Lo, I go forward, but he is not there;
and backward, but I do not perceive him;
- On the left hand, where he doth work, but I behold [him] not;
he hideth himself on the right hand, and I see [him] not.
- But he knoweth the way that I take;
he trieth me, I shall come forth as gold.
- My foot hath held to his steps;
his way have I kept, and not turned aside.
- Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips;
I have laid up the words of his mouth more than the purpose of my own heart.
- But he is in one [mind], and who can turn him?
And what his soul desireth, that will he do.
- For he will perform [what] is appointed for me;
and many such things are with him.
- Therefore am I troubled at his presence;
I consider, and I am afraid of him.
- For God hath made my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me;
- Because I was not cut off before the darkness, neither hath he hidden the gloom from me.