- And these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.
- Then was kindled the anger of Elihu the son of Barachel, the Buzite, of the family of Ram: against Job was his anger kindled, because he justified himself rather than God;
- and against his three friends was his anger kindled, because they found no answer, and [yet] condemned Job.
- But Elihu had waited till Job had finished speaking, because they were older than he.
- And Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of the three men, and his anger was kindled.
- And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are aged;
wherefore I was timid, and feared to shew you what I know.
- I said, Let days speak, and multitude of years teach wisdom.
- But there is a spirit which is in man;
and the breath of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
- It is not the great that are wise;
neither do the aged understand judgment.
- Therefore I say, Hearken to me;
I also will shew what I know.
- Lo, I waited for your words;
I gave ear to your reasonings, until ye searched out what to say.
- Yea, I gave you mine attention, and behold, there was none of you that confuted Job, that answered his words;
- That ye may not say, We have found out wisdom;
God will make him yield, not man.
- Now he hath not directed [his] words against me;
and I will not answer him with your speeches.
- They were amazed, they answered no more;
words failed them.
- And I waited, for they spoke not, but stood still, and answered no more;
- I will answer, I also in my turn, I also will shew what I know:
- For I am full of matter, the spirit within me constraineth me.
- Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent;
like new flasks, it is ready to burst.
- I will speak, that I may find relief;
I will open my lips and answer.
- Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person;
neither will I give flattery to man.
- For I know not how to flatter;
my Maker would soon take me away.