- Moreover Elihu answered and said,
- Thinkest thou this to be right, that thou saidst, My righteousness is more than God's?
- For thou hast asked of what profit it is unto thee: what do I gain more than if I had sinned?
- I will reply to thee in words, and to thy companions with thee.
- Look unto the heavens and see;
and survey the skies: they are higher than thou.
- If thou sinnest, what doest thou against him?
If thy transgressions be multiplied, what doest thou unto him?
- If thou be righteous, what givest thou to him?
or what doth he receive of thy hand?
- Thy wickedness [may affect] a man as thou [art], and thy righteousness a son of man.
- By reason of the multitude of oppressions they cry;
they cry out by reason of the arm of the mighty:
- But none saith, Where is +God my Maker, who giveth songs in the night,
- Who teacheth us more than the beasts of the earth, and maketh us wiser than the fowl of the heavens?
- There they cry, and he answereth not, because of the pride of evil men.
- Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.
- Although thou sayest thou dost not see him, judgment is before him, therefore wait for him.
- But now, because he hath not visited in his anger, doth not [Job] know [his] great arrogancy?
- For Job hath opened his mouth in vanity, and made words abundant without knowledge.