- And Jehovah answered Job and said,
- Shall he that will contend with the Almighty instruct [him]?
he that reproveth +God, let him answer it.
- And Job answered Jehovah and said,
- Behold, I am nought: what shall I answer thee?
I will lay my hand upon my mouth.
- Once have I spoken, and I will not answer;
yea twice, but I will proceed no further.
- And Jehovah answered Job out of the whirlwind and said,
- Gird up now thy loins like a man: I will demand of thee, and inform thou me.
- Wilt thou also annul my judgment?
wilt thou condemn me that thou mayest be righteous?
- Hast thou an arm like God?
or canst thou thunder with a voice like him?
- Deck thyself now with glory and excellency, and clothe thyself with majesty and splendour.
- Cast abroad the ragings of thine anger, and look on every one that is proud, and abase him:
- Look on every one that is proud, bring him low, and tread down the wicked in their place:
- Hide them in the dust together;
bind their faces in secret.
- Then will I also praise thee, because thy right hand saveth thee.
- See now the behemoth, which I made with thee: he eateth grass as an ox.
- Behold now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the muscles of his belly.
- He bendeth his tail like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are woven together.
- His bones are tubes of bronze, his members are like bars of iron.
- He is the chief of God's ways: he that made him gave him his sword.
- For the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
- He lieth under lotus-bushes, in the covert of the reed and fen:
- Lotus-bushes cover him with their shade;
the willows of the brook surround him.
- Lo, the river overfloweth — he startleth not: he is confident though a Jordan break forth against his mouth.
- Shall he be taken in front?
will they pierce through [his] nose in the trap?