- And Bildad the Shuhite answered and said,
- How long wilt thou speak these things?
and the words of thy mouth be a strong wind?
- Doth God pervert judgment, and the Almighty pervert justice?
- If thy children have sinned against him, he hath also given them over into the hand of their transgression.
- If thou seek earnestly unto God, and make thy supplication to the Almighty,
- If thou be pure and upright, surely now he will awake for thee, and make the habitation of thy righteousness prosperous;
- And though thy beginning was small, yet thine end shall be very great.
- For inquire, I pray thee, of the former generation, and attend to the researches of their fathers;
- For we are [but] of yesterday, and know nothing, for our days upon earth are a shadow.
- Shall not they teach thee, [and] tell thee, and utter words out of their heart?
- Doth the papyrus shoot up without mire?
doth the reed-grass grow without water?
- Whilst it is yet in its greenness [and] not cut down, it withereth before any [other] grass.
- So are the paths of all that forget God;
and the profane man's hope shall perish,
- Whose confidence shall be cut off, and his reliance is a spider's web.
- He shall lean upon his house, and it shall not stand;
he shall lay hold on it, but it shall not endure.
- He is full of sap before the sun, and his sprout shooteth forth over his garden;
- His roots are entwined about the stoneheap;
he seeth the place of stones.
- If he destroy him from his place, then it shall deny him: I have not seen thee!
- Behold, this is the joy of his way, and out of the dust shall others grow.
- Behold, God will not cast off a perfect man, neither will he take evil-doers by the hand.
- Whilst he would fill thy mouth with laughing and thy lips with shouting,
- They that hate thee shall be clothed with shame, and the tent of the wicked be no more.