- And it came to pass after the death of Moses the servant of Jehovah, that Jehovah spoke to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' attendant, saying,
- Moses my servant is dead;
and now, rise up, go over this Jordan, thou and all this people, into the land which I give unto them, to the children of Israel.
- Every place whereon the sole of your foot shall tread have I given to you, as I said unto Moses.
- From the wilderness and this Lebanon to the great river, the river Euphrates, the whole land of the Hittites, to the great sea, toward the going down of the sun, shall be your border.
- None shall be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so will I be with thee;
I will not leave thee, neither will I forsake thee.
- Be strong and courageous, for thou shalt cause this people to inherit the land which I have sworn unto their fathers to give them.
- Only be strong and very courageous, that thou mayest take heed to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded thee.
Turn not from it to the right or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
- This book of the law shall not depart from thy mouth;
and thou shalt meditate upon it day and night, that thou mayest take heed to do according to all that is written therein;
for then shalt thou have good success in thy ways, and then shalt thou prosper.
- Have I not commanded thee: Be strong and courageous?
Be not afraid, neither be dismayed;
for Jehovah thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
- And Joshua commanded the officers of the people, saying,
- Go through the midst of the camp, and command the people, saying, Prepare yourselves victuals, for in three days ye shall pass over this Jordan, that ye may enter in to take possession of the land which Jehovah your God giveth you to possess it.
- And to the Reubenites and to the Gadites and to half the tribe of Manasseh spoke Joshua, saying,
- Remember the word that Moses the servant of Jehovah commanded you, saying, Jehovah your God has given you rest and has given you this land.
- Your wives, your little ones, and your cattle shall abide in the land that Moses gave you on this side of the Jordan, but ye, all the valiant men, shall go over in array before your brethren and help them,
- until Jehovah give your brethren rest as to you, and they also take possession of the land which Jehovah your God giveth them;
then shall ye return into the land of your possession and possess it, which Moses the servant of Jehovah gave you on this side of the Jordan toward the sun-rising.
- And they answered Joshua, saying, All that thou hast commanded us will we do, and whither thou shalt send us will we go.
- According as we hearkened to Moses in all things, so will we hearken to thee;
only may Jehovah thy God be with thee as he was with Moses.
- Every one that is rebellious against thy commandment and hearkeneth not to thy words in everything that thou commandest us, shall be put to death.
Only be strong and courageous.