- And Jehovah spoke to Moses, saying,
- Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman conceive seed, and bear a male, then she shall be unclean seven days;
as in the days of the separation of her infirmity shall she be unclean.
- And on the eighth day shall the flesh of his foreskin be circumcised.
- And she shall continue thirty-three days in the blood of her cleansing;
no holy thing shall she touch, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her cleansing are fulfilled.
- And if she bear a female, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation;
and she shall continue sixty-six days in the blood of her cleansing.
- And when the days of her cleansing are fulfilled, for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring a yearling lamb for a burnt-offering, and a young pigeon or a turtle-dove for a sin-offering, to the entrance of the tent of meeting, unto the priest.
- And he shall present it before Jehovah, and make atonement for her;
and she shall be clean from the flux of her blood.
This is the law for her that hath borne a male or a female.
- And if her hand cannot find what is sufficient for a sheep, she shall bring two turtle-doves or two young pigeons;
one for a burnt-offering, and the other for a sin-offering;
and the priest shall make atonement for her;
and she shall be clean.