- Ye shall make yourselves no idols, neither rear you up for yourselves carved image, or statue, nor shall ye set up a figured stone in your land, to bow down unto it;
for I am Jehovah your God.
- Ye shall observe my sabbaths, and my sanctuary shall ye reverence: I am Jehovah.
- If ye walk in my statutes, and observe my commandments and do them,
- then I will give your rain in the season thereof, and the land shall yield its produce, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit;
- and your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing-time;
and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land securely.
- And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid;
and I will put away the evil beasts out of the land;
and the sword shall not go through your land.
- And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword;
- and five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight;
and your enemies shall fall beside you by the sword.
- And I will turn my face towards you and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
- And ye shall eat old store, and clear away the old because of the new.
- And I will set my habitation among you;
and my soul shall not abhor you;
- and I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be to me a people.
- I am Jehovah your God, who brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen;
and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you walk upright.
- But if ye hearken not unto me, and do not all these commandments,
- and if ye shall despise my statutes, and if your soul shall abhor mine ordinances, so that ye do not all my commandments, that ye break my covenant,
- I also will do this unto you — I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and fever, which shall cause the eyes to fail, and the soul to waste away;
and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
- And I will set my face against you, that ye may be routed before your enemies;
they that hate you shall have dominion over you;
and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.
- And if for this ye hearken not unto me, I will punish you sevenfold more for your sins,
- and I will break the arrogance of your power;
and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as bronze,
- and your strength shall be spent in vain, and your land shall not yield its produce;
and the trees of the land shall not yield their fruit.
- And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me, I will bring sevenfold more plagues upon you according to your sins.
- And I will send the beasts of the field among you, that they may rob you of your children, and cut off your cattle, and make you few in number;
and your streets shall be desolate.
- And if ye will not be disciplined by me through these, but walk contrary unto me,
- then will I also walk contrary unto you, and will smite you, even I, sevenfold for your sins.
- And I will bring a sword upon you that avengeth with the vengeance of the covenant, and ye shall be gathered together into your cities, and I will send the pestilence among you;
and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.
- When I break the staff of your bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and shall deliver you the bread again by weight;
and ye shall eat, and not be satisfied.
- And if for this ye hearken not to me, but walk contrary unto me,
- then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury;
and I, even I, will chastise you seven-fold for your sins.
- And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.
- And I will lay waste your high places, and cut down your sun-pillars, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols;
and my soul shall abhor you.
- And I will lay waste your cities and desolate your sanctuaries;
and I will not smell your sweet odours.
- And I will bring the land into desolation;
that your enemies who dwell there in may be astonished at it.
- And I will scatter you among the nations, and will draw out the sword after you;
and your land shall be desolation, and your cities waste.
- Then shall the land enjoy its sabbaths all the days of the desolation, when ye are in your enemies' land;
then shall the land rest, and enjoy its sabbaths.
- All the days of the desolation it shall rest, [the days in] which it did not rest on your sabbaths, when ye dwelt therein.
- And as to those that remain of you — I will send faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies, that the sound of a driven leaf shall chase them, and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword;
and they shall fall when none pursueth;
- and they shall stumble one over another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth;
and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies.
- And ye shall perish among the nations, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up.
- And they that remain of you shall waste away through their iniquity in your enemies' lands;
and also through the iniquities of their fathers shall they waste away with them.
- And they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, through their unfaithfulness wherein they were unfaithful to me, and also that they have walked contrary unto me,
- so that I also walked contrary unto them, and brought them into the land of their enemies.
If then their uncircumcised heart be humbled, and they then accept the punishment of their iniquity,
- I will remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember;
and I will remember the land.
- For the land shall be left by them, and shall enjoy its sabbaths, when it is in desolation without them;
and they shall accept the punishment of their iniquity;
because, even because they despised my judgments, and their soul abhorred my statutes.
- And yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not despise them, and will not abhor them, to make an end of them utterly, to break my covenant with them, for I am Jehovah their God.
- But I will remember toward them the covenant with their ancestors whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt before the eyes of the nations, that I might be their God: I am Jehovah.
- These are the statutes and ordinances and laws which Jehovah made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai, by the hand of Moses.