- And he said to his disciples, It cannot be but that offences come, but woe [to him] by whom they come!
- It would be [more] profitable for him if a millstone were hanged about his neck and he cast into the sea, than that he should be a snare to one of these little ones.
- Take heed to yourselves: if thy brother should sin, rebuke him;
and if he should repent, forgive him.
- And if he should sin against thee seven times in the day, and seven times should return to thee, saying, I repent, thou shalt forgive him.
- And the apostles said to the Lord, Give more faith to us.
- But the Lord said, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard [seed], ye had said to this sycamine tree, Be thou rooted up, and be thou planted in the sea, and it would have obeyed you.
- But which of you [is there] who, having a bondman ploughing or shepherding, when he comes in out of the field, will say, Come and lie down immediately to table?
- But will he not say to him, Prepare what I shall sup on, and gird thyself and serve me that I may eat and drink;
and after that *thou* shalt eat and drink?
- Is he thankful to the bondman because he has done what was ordered?
I judge not.
- Thus *ye* also, when ye shall have done all things that have been ordered you, say, We are unprofitable bondmen;
we have done what it was our duty to do.
- And it came to pass as he was going up to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
- And as he entered into a certain village ten leprous men met him, who stood afar off.
- And they lifted up [their] voice saying, Jesus, Master, have compassion on us.
- And seeing [them] he said to them, Go, shew yourselves to the priests.
And it came to pass as they were going they were cleansed.
- And one of them, seeing that he was cured, turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice,
- and fell on [his] face at his feet giving him thanks: and *he* was a Samaritan.
- And Jesus answering said, Were not the ten cleansed?
but the nine, where [are they]?
- There have not been found to return and give glory to God save this stranger.
- And he said to him, Rise up and go thy way: thy faith has made thee well.
- And having been asked by the Pharisees, When is the kingdom of God coming?
he answered them and said, The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
- nor shall they say, Lo here, or, Lo there;
for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.
- And he said to the disciples, Days are coming, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and shall not see [it].
- And they will say to you, Lo here, or Lo there;
go not, nor follow [them].
- For as the lightning shines which lightens from [one end] under heaven to [the other end] under heaven, thus shall the Son of man be in his day.
- But first he must suffer many things and be rejected of this generation.
- And as it took place in the days of Noe, thus also shall it be in the days of the Son of man:
- they ate, they drank, they married, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came and destroyed all [of them];
- and in like manner as took place in the days of Lot: they ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
- but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom, it rained fire and sulphur from heaven, and destroyed all [of them]:
- after this [manner] shall it be in the day that the Son of man is revealed.
- In that day, he who shall be on the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not go down to take it away;
and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
- Remember the wife of Lot.
- Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it, and whosoever shall lose it shall preserve it.
- I say to you, In that night there shall be two [men] upon one bed;
one shall be seized and the other shall be let go.
- Two [women] shall be grinding together;
the one shall be seized and the other shall be let go.
- [Two men shall be in the field;
the one shall be seized and the other let go.]
- And answering they say to him, Where, Lord?
And he said to them, Where the body [is], there the eagles will be gathered together.