- Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops;
he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.
- (And thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, little to be among the thousands of Judah, out of thee shall he come forth unto me [who is] to be Ruler in Israel: whose goings forth are from of old, from the days of eternity.)
- Therefore will he give them up, until the time when she which travaileth shall have brought forth: and the residue of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.
- And he shall stand and feed [his flock] in the strength of Jehovah, in the majesty of the name of Jehovah his God.
And they shall abide;
for now shall he be great even unto the ends of the earth.
- And this [man] shall be Peace.
When the Assyrian shall come into our land, and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight princes of men.
- And they shall waste the land of Asshur with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof;
and he shall deliver [us] from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders.
- And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many peoples as dew from Jehovah, as showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, neither waiteth for the sons of men.
- And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the nations, in the midst of many peoples, as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep: who, if he go through, treadeth down, and teareth in pieces, and there is none to deliver.
- Thy hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, saith Jehovah, that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots.
- And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and overthrow all thy strongholds.
- And I will cut off sorceries out of thy hand;
and thou shalt have no soothsayers.
- Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy statues out of the midst of thee;
and thou shalt no more bow down to the work of thy hands.
- And I will pluck up thine Asherahs out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy cities.
- And I will execute vengeance in anger and in fury upon the nations, such as they have not heard of.