- Then shall the kingdom of the heavens be made like to ten virgins that having taken their torches, went forth to meet the bridegroom.
- And five of them were prudent and five foolish.
- They that were foolish took their torches and did not take oil with them;
- but the prudent took oil in their vessels with their torches.
- Now the bridegroom tarrying, they all grew heavy and slept.
- But in [the] middle of [the] night there was a cry, Behold, the bridegroom;
go forth to meet him.
- Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their torches.
- And the foolish said to the prudent, Give us of your oil, for our torches are going out.
- But the prudent answered saying, [We cannot,] lest it might not suffice for us and for you.
Go rather to those that sell, and buy for yourselves.
- But as they went away to buy, the bridegroom came, and the [ones that were] ready went in with him to the wedding feast, and the door was shut.
- Afterwards come also the rest of the virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us;
- but he answering said, Verily I say unto you, I do not know you.
- Watch therefore, for ye know not the day nor the hour.
- For [it is] as [if] a man going away out of a country called his own bondmen and delivered to them his substance.
- And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one;
to each according to his particular ability, and immediately went away out of the country.
- And he that had received the five talents went and trafficked with them, and made five other talents.
- In like manner also he that [had received] the two, [he also] gained two others.
- But he that had received the one went and dug in the earth, and hid the money of his lord.
- And after a long time the lord of those bondmen comes and reckons with them.
- And he that had received the five talents came to [him] and brought five other talents, saying, [My] lord, thou deliveredst me five talents;
behold, I have gained five other talents besides them.
- His lord said to him, Well, good and faithful bondman, thou wast faithful over a few things, I will set thee over many things: enter into the joy of thy lord.
- And he also that had received the two talents came to [him] and said, [My] lord, thou deliveredst me two talents;
behold, I have gained two other talents besides them.
- His lord said to him, Well, good and faithful bondman, thou wast faithful over a few things, I will set thee over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
- And he also that had received the one talent coming to [him] said, [My] lord, I knew thee that thou art a hard man, reaping where thou hadst not sowed, and gathering from where thou hadst not scattered,
- and being afraid I went away and hid thy talent in the earth;
behold, thou hast that which is thine.
- And his lord answering said to him, Wicked and slothful bondman, thou knewest that I reap where I had not sowed, and gather from where I had not scattered;
- thou oughtest then to have put my money to the money-changers, and when I came I should have got what is mine with interest.
- Take therefore the talent from him, and give it to him that has the ten talents:
- for to every one that has shall be given, and he shall be in abundance;
but from him that has not, that even which he has shall be taken from him.
- And cast out the useless bondman into the outer darkness;
there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.
- But when the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit down upon his throne of glory,
- and all the nations shall be gathered before him;
and he shall separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;
- and he will set the sheep on his right hand, and the goats on [his] left.
- Then shall the King say to those on his right hand, Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from [the] world's foundation:
- for I hungered, and ye gave me to eat;
I thirsted, and ye gave me to drink;
I was a stranger, and ye took me in;
- naked, and ye clothed me;
I was ill, and ye visited me;
I was in prison, and ye came to me.
- Then shall the righteous answer him saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungering, and nourished thee;
or thirsting, and gave thee to drink?
- and when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in;
or naked, and clothed thee?
- and when saw we thee ill, or in prison, and came to thee?
- And the King answering shall say to them, Verily, I say to you, Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me.
- Then shall he say also to those on the left, Go from me, cursed, into eternal fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
- for I hungered, and ye gave me not to eat;
I thirsted, and ye gave me not to drink;
- I was a stranger, and ye took me not in;
naked, and ye did not clothe me;
ill, and in prison, and ye did not visit me.
- Then shall *they* also answer saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungering, or thirsting, or a stranger, or naked, or ill, or in prison, and have not ministered to thee?
- Then shall he answer them saying, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye have not done it to one of these least, neither have ye done it to me.
- And these shall go away into eternal punishment, and the righteous into life eternal.