- And Jehovah said to Aaron, Thou and thy sons and thy father's house with thee shall bear the iniquity of the sanctuary;
and thou and thy sons with thee shall bear the iniquity of your priesthood.
- And thy brethren also, the tribe of Levi, the tribe of thy father, bring near with thee, that they may unite with thee, and minister unto thee;
but thou and thy sons with thee [shall serve] before the tent of the testimony.
- And they shall keep thy charge, and the charge of the whole tent: only they shall not come near to the vessels of the sanctuary and to the altar, that they may not die, and you as well as they.
- And they shall unite with thee, and keep the charge of the tent of meeting, for all the service of the tent;
and no stranger shall come near to you.
- And ye shall keep the charge of the sanctuary, and the charge of the altar;
that there come no wrath any more upon the children of Israel.
- And I, behold, I have taken your brethren, the Levites, from among the children of Israel;
to you are they given as a gift for Jehovah to perform the service of the tent of meeting.
- But thou and thy sons with thee shall attend to your priesthood for all that concerneth the altar, and for that which is inside the veil;
and ye shall perform the service: I give you your priesthood as a service of gift, and the stranger that cometh near shall be put to death.
- And Jehovah spoke to Aaron, And I, behold, I have given thee the charge of my heave-offerings, of all the hallowed things of the children of Israel;
to thee have I given them, because of the anointing, and to thy sons by an everlasting statute.
- This shall be thine of the most holy things, [reserved] from the fire: every offering of theirs, of all their oblations, and of all their sin-offerings, and of all their trespass-offerings, which they render unto me, it is most holy for thee and for thy sons.
- As most holy shalt thou eat it: every male shall eat it;
it shall be holy unto thee.
- And this shall be thine: the heave-offering of their gift, with all the wave-offerings of the children of Israel;
I have given them unto thee, and to thy sons and to thy daughters with thee, by an everlasting statute;
every one that is clean in thy house shall eat of it.
- All the best of the oil, and all the best of the new wine, and of the wheat, the firstfruits of them which they give to Jehovah, have I given thee.
- The first ripe of everything that is in their land, which they shall bring to Jehovah, shall be thine;
every one that is clean in thy house shall eat of it.
- Every devoted thing in Israel shall be thine.
- Everything that breaketh open the womb of all flesh, which they present to Jehovah, of men or of beasts, shall be thine;
nevertheless the firstborn of man shalt thou in any case ransom, and the firstborn of unclean beasts shalt thou ransom.
- And those that are to be ransomed from a month old shalt thou ransom, according to thy valuation, for the money of five shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, which is twenty gerahs.
- But the firstborn of a cow, or the firstborn of a sheep, or the firstborn of a goat, thou shalt not ransom: they are holy.
Thou shalt sprinkle their blood on the altar, and their fat shalt thou burn as an offering by fire for a sweet odour to Jehovah.
- And their flesh shall be thine;
as the wave-breast and as the right shoulder shall it be thine.
- All the heave-offerings of the holy things, which the children of Israel offer to Jehovah, have I given thee, and to thy sons and to thy daughters with thee, by an everlasting statute: it shall be an everlasting covenant of salt before Jehovah unto thee and thy seed with thee.
- And Jehovah said to Aaron, In their land thou shalt have no inheritance, neither shalt thou have any portion among them: I am thy portion and thine inheritance among the children of Israel.
- And to the children of Levi, behold, I have given all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they perform, the service of the tent of meeting.
- Neither shall the children of Israel henceforth come near the tent of meeting, to bear sin and die.
- But the Levite, he shall perform the service of the tent of meeting, and they shall bear their iniquity: it is an everlasting statute throughout your generations.
And among the children of Israel shall they possess no inheritance;
- for I have given for an inheritance to the Levites the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as a heave-offering to Jehovah;
therefore I have said of them, They shall possess no inheritance among the children of Israel.
- And Jehovah spoke to Moses, saying,
- And to the Levites shalt thou speak, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer a heave-offering from it for Jehovah, the tenth of the tithe.
- And your heave-offering shall be reckoned unto you, as the corn from the threshing-floor, and as the fulness of the winepress.
- Thus ye also shall offer Jehovah's heave-offering of all your tithes, which ye take of the children of Israel;
and ye shall give thereof Jehovah's heave-offering to Aaron the priest.
- Out of all that is given you ye shall offer the whole heave-offering of Jehovah, — of all the best thereof the hallowed part thereof.
- And thou shalt say unto them, When ye heave the best thereof from it, then it shall be counted unto the Levites as produce of the threshing-floor, and as produce of the winepress.
- And ye shall eat it in every place, ye and your households;
for it is your reward for your service in the tent of meeting.
- And ye shall bear no sin by reason of it, if ye heave from it the best of it;
and ye shall not profane the holy things of the children of Israel, lest ye die.