- Whoso loveth discipline loveth knowledge, but he that hateth reproof is brutish.
- A good [man] obtaineth favour of Jehovah;
but a man of mischievous devices will he condemn.
- A man shall not be established by wickedness;
but the root of the righteous shall not be moved.
- A woman of worth is a crown to her husband;
but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
- The thoughts of the righteous are right;
the counsels of the wicked are deceit.
- The words of the wicked are a lying-in-wait for blood;
but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
- Overthrow the wicked, and they are no [more];
but the house of the righteous shall stand.
- A man is commended according to his wisdom;
but he that is of a perverted heart shall be despised.
- Better is he that is lightly esteemed, and hath a servant, than he that honoureth himself, and lacketh bread.
- A righteous man is concerned for the life of his beast;
but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
- He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread;
but he that followeth the worthless is void of understanding.
- The wicked desireth the net of evil [men];
but the root of the righteous yieldeth [fruit].
- In the transgression of the lips is an evil snare;
but a righteous [man] shall go forth out of trouble.
- A man is satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth;
and the recompense of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.
- The way of a fool is right in his own eyes;
but he that is wise hearkeneth unto counsel.
- The vexation of the fool is presently known;
but a prudent [man] covereth shame.
- He that uttereth truth sheweth forth righteousness;
but a false witness deceit.
- There is that babbleth like the piercings of a sword;
but the tongue of the wise is health.
- The lip of truth shall be established for ever;
but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
- Deceit is in the heart of them that devise evil;
but to the counsellors of peace is joy.
- There shall no evil happen to a righteous [man];
but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.
- Lying lips are an abomination to Jehovah;
but they that deal truly are his delight.
- A prudent man concealeth knowledge;
but the heart of the foolish proclaimeth folly.
- The hand of the diligent shall bear rule;
but the slothful [hand] shall be under tribute.
- Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop;
but a good word maketh it glad.
- The righteous guideth his neighbour;
but the way of the wicked misleadeth them.
- The slothful roasteth not what he took in hunting;
but man's precious substance is to the diligent.
- In the path of righteousness is life, and in the pathway thereof there is no death.