- A soft answer turneth away fury;
but a grievous word stirreth up anger.
- The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright;
but the mouth of the foolish poureth out folly.
- The eyes of Jehovah are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
- Gentleness of tongue is a tree of life;
but crookedness therein is a breaking of the spirit.
- A fool despiseth his father's instruction;
but he that regardeth reproof becometh prudent.
- In the house of a righteous [man] is much treasure;
but in the revenue of a wicked [man] is disturbance.
- The lips of the wise disperse knowledge, but not so the heart of the foolish.
- The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to Jehovah;
but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
- The way of a wicked [man] is an abomination to Jehovah;
but him that pursueth righteousness he loveth.
- Grievous correction is for him that forsaketh the path;
he that hateth reproof shall die.
- Sheol and destruction are before Jehovah;
how much more then the hearts of the children of men!
- A scorner loveth not one that reproveth him;
he will not go unto the wise.
- A joyful heart maketh a cheerful countenance;
but by sorrow of heart the spirit is broken.
- The heart of an intelligent [man] seeketh knowledge;
but the mouth of the foolish feedeth on folly.
- All the days of the afflicted are evil;
but a cheerful heart is a continual feast.
- Better is little with the fear of Jehovah than great store and disquietude therewith.
- Better is a meal of herbs where love is, than a fatted ox and hatred therewith.
- A furious man stirreth up contention;
but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.
- The way of the sluggard is as a hedge of thorns;
but the path of the upright is made plain.
- A wise son maketh a glad father;
but a foolish man despiseth his mother.
- Folly is joy to him that is void of sense;
but a man of understanding regulateth his walk.
- Without counsel purposes are disappointed;
but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
- A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth;
and a word in its season, how good is it!
- The path of life is upwards for the wise, that he may depart from Sheol beneath.
- Jehovah plucketh up the house of the proud;
but he establisheth the boundary of the widow.
- The thoughts of the evil [man] are an abomination to Jehovah;
but pure words are pleasant.
- He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house;
but he that hateth gifts shall live.
- The heart of a righteous [man] studieth to answer;
but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
- Jehovah is far from the wicked;
but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
- That which enlighteneth the eyes rejoiceth the heart;
good tidings make the bones fat.
- The ear that heareth the reproof of life shall abide among the wise.
- He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul;
but he that heareth reproof getteth sense.
- The fear of Jehovah is the discipline of wisdom, and before honour [goeth] humility.