- A [good] name is rather to be chosen than great riches;
loving favour rather than silver and gold.
- The rich and poor meet together;
Jehovah is the maker of them all.
- A prudent [man] seeth the evil, and hideth himself;
but the simple pass on, and are punished.
- The reward of humility [and] the fear of Jehovah is riches, and honour, and life.
- Thorns [and] snares are in the way of the perverse: he that keepeth his soul holdeth himself far from them.
- Train up the child according to the tenor of his way, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
- The rich ruleth over the poor;
and the borrower is servant to the lender.
- He that soweth unrighteousness shall reap iniquity, and the rod of his wrath shall have an end.
- He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed, for he giveth of his bread to the poor.
- Cast out the scorner, and contention will depart, and strife and ignominy shall cease.
- He that loveth pureness of heart, upon whose lips is grace, the king is his friend.
- The eyes of Jehovah preserve knowledge;
but he overthroweth the words of the unfaithful.
- The sluggard saith, There is a lion without, I shall be killed in the streets!
- The mouth of strange women is a deep ditch: he with whom Jehovah is displeased shall fall therein.
- Folly is bound in the heart of a child;
the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
- He that oppresseth the poor, it is to enrich him;
he that giveth to the rich, [bringeth] only to want.
- Incline thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thy heart unto my knowledge.
- For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee: they shall be together fitted on thy lips.
- That thy confidence may be in Jehovah, I have made [them] known to thee this day, even to thee.
- Have not I written to thee excellent things, in counsels and knowledge,
- that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth;
that thou mightest carry back words of truth to them that send thee?
- Rob not the poor, because he is poor, neither oppress the afflicted in the gate;
- for Jehovah will plead their cause, and despoil the soul of those that despoil them.
- Make no friendship with an angry man, and go not with a furious man;
- lest thou learn his paths, and get a snare to thy soul.
- Be not of them that strike hands, of them that are sureties for debts:
- if thou hast nothing to pay, why should he take away thy bed from under thee?
- Remove not the ancient landmark which thy fathers have set.
- Hast thou seen a man diligent in his work?
He shall stand before kings;
he shall not stand before the mean.