- He that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and without remedy.
- When the righteous increase, the people rejoice;
but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
- Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father;
but he that is a companion of harlots destroyeth [his] substance.
- A king by just judgment establisheth the land;
but he that taketh gifts overthroweth it.
- A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his steps.
- In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare;
but the righteous shall sing and rejoice.
- The righteous taketh knowledge of the cause of the poor;
the wicked understandeth not knowledge.
- Scornful men set the city in a flame;
but the wise turn away anger.
- If a wise man contendeth with a fool, whether he rage or laugh, [he] hath no rest.
- The bloodthirsty hate the perfect, but the upright care for his soul.
- A fool uttereth all his mind;
but a wise [man] keepeth it back.
- If a ruler hearken to lying words, all his servants are wicked.
- The indigent and the oppressor meet together;
Jehovah lighteneth the eyes of them both.
- A king that faithfully judgeth the poor, his throne shall be established for ever.
- The rod and reproof give wisdom;
but a child left [to himself] bringeth his mother to shame.
- When the wicked increase, transgression increaseth;
but the righteous shall see their fall.
- Chasten thy son, and he shall give thee rest, and shall give delight unto thy soul.
- Where there is no vision the people cast off restraint;
but happy is he that keepeth the law.
- A servant is not corrected by words: he understandeth indeed, but he will not answer.
- Hast thou seen a man hasty in his words?
there is more hope of a fool than of him.
- He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child, shall in the end have him as a son.
- An angry man exciteth contention;
and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.
- A man's pride bringeth him low;
but the humble in spirit shall obtain honour.
- Whoso shareth with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth the adjuration, and declareth not.
- The fear of man bringeth a snare;
but whoso putteth his confidence in Jehovah is protected.
- Many seek the ruler's face;
but a man's right judgment is from Jehovah.
- An unjust man is an abomination to the righteous;
and he that is of upright way is an abomination to the wicked [man].