- Bless Jehovah, O my soul!
Jehovah my God, thou art very great;
thou art clothed with majesty and splendour;
- Covering thyself with light as with a garment, stretching out the heavens like a tent-curtain;
- Who layeth the beams of his upper chambers in the waters, who maketh clouds his chariot, who walketh upon the wings of the wind;
- Who maketh his angels spirits;
his ministers a flame of fire.
- He laid the earth upon its foundations: it shall not be removed for ever.
- Thou hadst covered it with the deep, as with a vesture;
the waters stood above the mountains:
- At thy rebuke they fled, at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away;
- The mountains rose, the valleys sank, unto the place which thou hadst founded for them;
- Thou hast set a bound which they may not pass over, that they turn not again to cover the earth.
- He sendeth the springs into the valleys: they run among the mountains;
- They give drink to every beast of the field;
the wild asses quench their thirst.
- The birds of heaven dwell by them;
they give forth their voice from among the branches.
- He watereth the mountains from his upper-chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
- He maketh the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man;
bringing forth bread out of the earth,
- And wine which gladdeneth the heart of man;
making [his] face shine with oil;
and with bread he strengtheneth man's heart.
- The trees of Jehovah are satisfied, the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted,
- Where the birds make their nests;
[as for] the stork, the fir trees are her house.
- The high mountains are for the wild goats;
the cliffs, a refuge for the rock-badgers.
- He made the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth its going down.
- Thou makest darkness, and it is night, wherein all the beasts of the forest creep forth:
- The young lions roar after the prey, and to seek their food from God.
- The sun ariseth, they retreat, and lay them down in their dens.
- Man goeth forth unto his work, and to his labour until the evening.
- How manifold are thy works, O Jehovah!
in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.
- Yonder is the great and wide sea: therein are moving things innumerable, living creatures small and great.
- There go the ships;
[there] that leviathan, which thou hast formed to play therein.
- These all look unto thee, that thou mayest give their food in its season:
- That thou givest unto them, they gather;
thou openest thy hand, they are filled with good.
- Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled;
thou takest away their breath, they expire and return to their dust.
- Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created, and thou renewest the face of the earth.
- The glory of Jehovah will endure for ever;
Jehovah will rejoice in his works.
- He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth;
he toucheth the mountains, and they smoke.
- I will sing unto Jehovah as long as I live;
I will sing psalms to my God while I have my being.
- My meditation shall be pleasant unto him;
I will rejoice in Jehovah.
- Sinners shall be consumed out of the earth, and the wicked shall be no more.
Bless Jehovah, O my soul.