- Give ye thanks unto Jehovah, call upon his name;
make known his acts among the peoples.
- Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him;
meditate upon all his wondrous works.
- Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek Jehovah.
- Seek Jehovah and his strength, seek his face continually;
- Remember his wondrous works which he hath done, his miracles and the judgments of his mouth:
- Ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye sons of Jacob, his chosen ones.
- He, Jehovah, is our God;
his judgments are in all the earth.
- He is ever mindful of his covenant, — the word which he commanded to a thousand generations, —
- Which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;
- And he confirmed it unto Jacob for a statute, unto Israel for an everlasting covenant,
- Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;
- When they were a few men in number, of small account, and strangers in it.
- And they went from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another people.
- He suffered no man to oppress them, and reproved kings for their sakes,
- [Saying,] Touch not mine anointed ones, and do my prophets no harm.
- And he called for a famine upon the land;
he broke the whole staff of bread.
- He sent a man before them: Joseph was sold for a bondman.
- They afflicted his feet with fetters;
his soul came into irons;
- Until the time when what he said came about: the word of Jehovah tried him.
- The king sent and loosed him — the ruler of peoples — and let him go free.
- He made him lord of his house, and ruler over all his possessions:
- To bind his princes at his pleasure, and teach his elders wisdom.
- And Israel came into Egypt, and Jacob sojourned in the land of Ham.
- And he made his people exceeding fruitful, and made them mightier than their oppressors.
- He turned their heart to hate his people, to deal subtilly with his servants.
- He sent Moses his servant, [and] Aaron whom he had chosen:
- They set his signs among them, and miracles in the land of Ham.
- He sent darkness, and made it dark;
and they rebelled not against his word.
- He turned their waters into blood, and caused their fish to die.
- Their land swarmed with frogs, — in the chambers of their kings.
- He spoke, and there came dog-flies, [and] gnats in all their borders.
- He gave them hail for rain, [and] flaming fire in their land;
- And he smote their vines and their fig-trees, and broke the trees of their borders.
- He spoke, and the locust came, and the cankerworm, even without number;
- And they devoured every herb in their land, and ate up the fruit of their ground.
- And he smote every firstborn in their land, the firstfruits of all their vigour.
- And he brought them forth with silver and gold;
and there was not one feeble among their tribes.
- Egypt rejoiced at their departure;
for the fear of them had fallen upon them.
- He spread a cloud for a covering, and fire to give light in the night.
- They asked, and he brought quails, and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.
- He opened the rock, and waters gushed forth;
they ran in the dry places [like] a river.
- For he remembered his holy word, [and] Abraham his servant;
- And he brought forth his people with gladness, his chosen with rejoicing;
- And he gave them the lands of the nations, and they took possession of the labour of the peoples:
- That they might keep his statutes, and observe his laws.