Praise the name of Jehovah;
praise, ye servants of Jehovah,
- Ye that stand in the house of Jehovah, in the courts of the house of our God.
- Praise ye Jah;
for Jehovah is good: sing psalms unto his name;
for it is pleasant.
- For Jah hath chosen Jacob unto himself, Israel for his own possession.
- For *I* know that Jehovah is great, and our Lord is above all gods.
- Whatsoever Jehovah pleased, he hath done in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all deeps;
- Who causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth;
who maketh lightnings for the rain;
who bringeth the wind out of his treasuries:
- Who smote the firstborn of Egypt, both of man and beast;
- Who sent signs and miracles into the midst of thee, O Egypt, upon Pharaoh and upon all his servants;
- Who smote great nations, and slew mighty kings,
- Sihon king of the Amorites, and Og king of Bashan, and all the kingdoms of Canaan;
- And gave their land for an inheritance, an inheritance unto Israel his people.
- Thy name, O Jehovah, is for ever;
thy memorial, O Jehovah, from generation to generation.
- For Jehovah will judge his people, and will repent in favour of his servants.
- The idols of the nations are silver and gold, the work of men's hands:
- They have a mouth, and they speak not;
eyes have they, and they see not;
- They have ears, and they hear not;
neither is there any breath in their mouth.
- They that make them are like unto them, — every one that confideth in them.
- House of Israel, bless ye Jehovah;
house of Aaron, bless ye Jehovah;
- House of Levi, bless ye Jehovah;
ye that fear Jehovah, bless Jehovah.
- Blessed be Jehovah out of Zion, who dwelleth at Jerusalem!