Praise Jehovah, O my soul.
- As long as I live will I praise Jehovah;
I will sing psalms unto my God while I have my being.
- Put not confidence in nobles, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.
- His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth;
in that very day his purposes perish.
- Blessed is he who hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in Jehovah his God,
- Who made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is therein;
who keepeth truth for ever;
- Who executeth judgment for the oppressed, who giveth bread to the hungry.
Jehovah looseth the prisoners;
- Jehovah openeth [the eyes of] the blind;
Jehovah raiseth up them that are bowed down;
Jehovah loveth the righteous;
- Jehovah preserveth the strangers;
he lifteth up the fatherless and the widow;
but the way of the wicked doth he subvert.
- Jehovah will reign for ever, [even] thy God, O Zion, from generation to generation.