- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I say of Jehovah, My refuge and my fortress;
my God, I will confide in him.
- Surely *he* shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, [and] from the destructive pestilence.
- He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou find refuge: his truth is a shield and buckler.
- Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night, for the arrow that flieth by day,
- For the pestilence that walketh in darkness, for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand;
[but] it shall not come nigh thee.
- Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold, and see the reward of the wicked.
- Because *thou* hast made Jehovah, my refuge, the Most High, thy dwelling-place,
- There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy tent.
- For he shall give his angels charge concerning thee, to keep thee in all thy ways:
- They shall bear thee up in [their] hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Thou shalt tread upon the lion and the adder;
the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under foot.
- Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him.
- With length of days will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.