- And I saw another strong angel coming down out of the heaven, clothed with a cloud, and the rainbow upon his head, and his countenance as the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire,
- and having in his hand a little opened book.
And he set his right foot on the sea, and the left upon the earth,
- and cried with a loud voice as a lion roars.
And when he cried, the seven thunders uttered their own voices.
- And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write: and I heard a voice out of the heaven saying, Seal the things which the seven thunders have spoken, and write them not.
- And the angel whom I saw stand on the sea and on the earth lifted up his right hand to the heaven,
- and swore by him that lives to the ages of ages, who created the heaven and the things that are in it, and the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be no longer delay;
- but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound the trumpet, the mystery of God also shall be completed, as he has made known the glad tidings to his own bondmen the prophets.
- And the voice which I heard out of the heaven [was] again speaking with me, and saying, Go, take the little book which is opened in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the earth.
- And I went to the angel, saying to him to give me the little book.
And he says to me, Take and eat it up: and it shall make thy belly bitter, but in thy mouth it shall be sweet as honey.
- And I took the little book out of the hand of the angel, and ate it up;
and it was in my mouth as honey, sweet;
and when I had eaten it my belly was made bitter.
- And it was said to me, Thou must prophesy again as to peoples and nations and tongues and many kings.