- And I saw an angel descending from the heaven, having the key of the abyss, and a great chain in his hand.
- And he laid hold of the dragon, the ancient serpent who is [the] devil and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
- and cast him into the abyss, and shut [it] and sealed [it] over him, that he should not any more deceive the nations until the thousand years were completed;
after these things he must be loosed for a little time.
- And I saw thrones;
and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them;
and the souls of those beheaded on account of the testimony of Jesus, and on account of the word of God;
and those who had not done homage to the beast nor to his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and hand;
and they lived and reigned with the Christ a thousand years:
- the rest of the dead did not live till the thousand years had been completed.
This [is] the first resurrection.
- Blessed and holy he who has part in the first resurrection: over these the second death has no power;
but they shall be priests of God and of the Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
- And when the thousand years have been completed, Satan shall be loosed from his prison,
- and shall go out to deceive the nations which [are] in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war, whose number [is] as the sand of the sea.
- And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city: and fire came down [from God] out of the heaven and devoured them.
- And the devil who deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] both the beast and the false prophet;
and they shall be tormented day and night for the ages of ages.
- And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled, and place was not found for them.
- And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened;
and another book was opened, which is [that] of life.
And the dead were judged out of the things written in the books according to their works.
- And the sea gave up the dead which [were] in it, and death and hades gave up the dead which [were] in them;
and they were judged each according to their works:
- and death and hades were cast into the lake of fire.
This is the second death, [even] the lake of fire.
- And if any one was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.