- And I saw a new heaven and a new earth;
for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea exists no more.
- And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of the heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
- And I heard a loud voice out of the heaven, saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he shall tabernacle with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, their God.
- And he shall wipe away every tear from their eyes;
and death shall not exist any more, nor grief, nor cry, nor distress shall exist any more, for the former things have passed away.
- And he that sat on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.
And he says [to me], Write, for these words are true and faithful.
- And he said to me, It is done.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.
I will give to him that thirsts of the fountain of the water of life freely.
- He that overcomes shall inherit these things, and I will be to him God, and he shall be to me son.
- But to the fearful and unbelieving, [and sinners], and those who make themselves abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their part [is] in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone;
which is the second death.
- And there came one of the seven angels which had had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues, and spoke with me, saying, Come here, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
- And he carried me away in [the] Spirit, [and set me] on a great and high mountain, and shewed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of the heaven from God,
- having the glory of God.
Her shining [was] like a most precious stone, as a crystal-like jasper stone;
- having a great and high wall;
having twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names inscribed, which are those of the twelve tribes of [the] sons of Israel.
- On [the] east three gates;
and on [the] north three gates;
and on [the] south three gates;
and on [the] west three gates.
- And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
- And he that spoke with me had a golden reed [as] a measure, that he might measure the city, and its gates, and its wall.
- And the city lies four-square, and its length [is] as much as the breadth.
And he measured the city with the reed — twelve thousand stadia: the length and the breadth and height of it are equal.
- And he measured its wall, a hundred [and] forty-four cubits, [a] man's measure, that is, [the] angel's.
- And the building of its wall [was] jasper;
and the city pure gold, like pure glass:
- the foundations of the wall of the city [were] adorned with every precious stone: the first foundation, jasper;
the second, sapphire;
the third, chalcedony;
the fourth, emerald;
- the fifth, sardonyx;
the sixth, sardius;
the seventh, chrysolite;
the eighth, beryl;
the ninth, topaz;
the tenth, chrysoprasus;
the eleventh, jacinth;
the twelfth, amethyst.
- And the twelve gates, twelve pearls;
each one of the gates, respectively, was of one pearl;
and the street of the city pure gold, as transparent glass.
- And I saw no temple in it;
for the Lord God Almighty is its temple, and the Lamb.
- And the city has no need of the sun nor of the moon, that they should shine for it;
for the glory of God has enlightened it, and the lamp thereof [is] the Lamb.
- And the nations shall walk by its light;
and the kings of the earth bring their glory to it.
- And its gates shall not be shut at all by day, for night shall not be there.
- And they shall bring the glory and the honour of the nations to it.
- And nothing common, nor that maketh an abomination and a lie, shall at all enter into it;
but those only who [are] written in the book of life of the Lamb.