- After these things I saw, and behold, a door opened in heaven, and the first voice which I heard as of a trumpet speaking with me, saying, Come up here, and I will shew thee the things which must take place after these things.
- Immediately I became in [the] Spirit;
and behold, a throne stood in the heaven, and upon the throne one sitting,
- and he [that was] sitting like in appearance to a stone [of] jasper and a sardius, and a rainbow round the throne like in appearance to an emerald.
- And round the throne twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones twenty-four elders sitting, clothed with white garments;
and on their heads golden crowns.
- And out of the throne go forth lightnings, and voices, and thunders;
and seven lamps of fire, burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God;
- and before the throne, as a glass sea, like crystal.
And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, four living creatures, full of eyes, before and behind;
- and the first living creature like a lion, and the second living creature like a calf, and the third living creature having the face as of a man, and the fourth living creature like a flying eagle.
- And the four living creatures, each one of them having respectively six wings;
round and within they are full of eyes;
and they cease not day and night saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was, and who is, and who is to come.
- And when the living creatures shall give glory and honour and thanksgiving to him that sits upon the throne, who lives to the ages of ages,
- the twenty-four elders shall fall before him that sits upon the throne, and do homage to him that lives to the ages of ages;
and shall cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
- Thou art worthy, O our Lord and [our] God, to receive glory and honour and power;
for *thou* hast created all things, and for thy will they were, and they have been created.