- And I saw on the right hand of him that sat upon the throne a book, written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals.
- And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who [is] worthy to open the book, and to break its seals?
- And no one was able in the heaven, or upon the earth, or underneath the earth, to open the book, or to regard it.
- And *I* wept much because no one had been found worthy to open the book nor to regard it.
- And one of the elders says to me, Do not weep.
Behold, the lion which [is] of the tribe of Juda, the root of David, has overcome [so as] to open the book, and its seven seals.
- And I saw in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, a Lamb standing, as slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God [which are] sent into all the earth:
- and it came and took [it] out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
- And when it took the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell before the Lamb, having each a harp and golden bowls full of incenses, which are the prayers of the saints.
- And they sing a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open its seals;
because thou hast been slain, and hast redeemed to God, by thy blood, out of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation,
- and made them to our God kings and priests;
and they shall reign over the earth.
- And I saw, and I heard [the] voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders;
and their number was ten thousands of ten thousands and thousands of thousands;
- saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that has been slain, to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
- And every creature which is in the heaven and upon the earth and under the earth, and [those that are] upon the sea, and all things in them, heard I saying, To him that sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb, blessing, and honour, and glory, and might, to the ages of ages.
- And the four living creatures said, Amen;
and the elders fell down and did homage.